Friday, October 21, 2011

After Surgery Day 7



I can't believe that it's been a whole week since I've had my surgery. It's also only been 2 weeks since my mom first discovered my little cyst. Life sure can change in just a few days.

My vet called and said that the biopsy came back with the result being Stage 2 with clean margins. That means that my vet did a good job of taking out the mast tumor and the margins were clean with no bad cells being detected. Hopefully, the tumor is all gone and it won't hurt me anymore. Maybe that's why I started vomiting early in the mornings that week. My mom thought that I was just hungry and that was causing me to barf bile in the mornings. It could be that the tumor was causing my stomach to produce more acids.

The staples are still there and it itches like crazy now. I've been trying to get at it, but my lampshade keeps blocking me. I've learned to use my crate to stretch and use leverage to try to reach my scar, but It's still a little bit too far away. Darn you, lampshade!

One good thing that my lampshade can do is hold my monkey for me. Look mom, no hands!

No comments: